Monday, 23 August 2010

the World of Verbal Warning 23.8.2010

Well the Olympic gig at Draycott turned into a cracker, a steaming hot night and a small packed bar meant we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Claire Bear, Janet Verbette's daughter, was back from China and bought along seven pissed up dancing friends, and we had a young lady who seemed determined to become a backing singer for us, I have to say Singer Boy stuck manfully to his task despite being continually assaulted, and was even bit on the lip at one point, a video of his discomfort has been posted on the band facebook site. The gig nearly ended in disaster before it started when I rather stupidly, and even saying to myself "I shouldn't be putting this pint of blackcurrant juice on top of my amp", put a pint of blackcurrant juice on top of my amp and within seconds had knocked it over covering my amp, the PA amp and Drummer Boy's kit in a sticky red mess, I dived to switch the power off as fast as my old bones would take me and mopped up the mess with Guitar Boy's sweat towel as best I could before tentatively switching the power back on just as Drummer Boy was sorting his sticks out which, too me, sounded remarkable like crackling electricity, after a heart stopping moment everything seemed to be ok. We managed to debut 4 new cover versions all of which went well, when you're finishing a gig to a pissed up pub you can't really go wrong with Nellie the Elephant can you? We're back in Draycott this Saturday with Fightback at the Coach and Horses.

No comments: